Saturday, November 18, 2006

John F. Kennedy

One of my long lasting impressions from my early childhood, in the late-sixties, was a portrait that my uncle had on his wall. It was displayed in a prominent location, with special lighting, adding to its importance. I remember asking who it was and being told it was a famous president, who at one time lived up the road. I remember the emotional tone in my uncles voice, which is probably the reason it has stayed with me all this years.

It wasn’t till I was older that I realized the portrait was of a president who had been assassinated, John F. Kennedy. These memories came flooding back to me when I began to read the series of articles from Laura Knight-Jadczyk Blog on JFK. I posted the first in the series on John F. Kennedy a few days back titled, “The Debris of History.” . You can find the other articles in the series listed below. It is so much deeper than my uncle or even I could have ever imagined.

The Gladiator: John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Covers early American history's implications.

The Bushes and The Lost King,
discusses, Is the Bush family implicated in the assassination of John F. Kennedy?

John F. Kennedy and All Those "isms"
discusses the political systems.

John F. Kennedy, J. Edgar Hoover, Organized Crime and the Global Village
Self explanatory.

John F. Kennedy and the Psychopathology of Politics
Discusses what JFK was dealing with in regards to Political Ponerology

“‘John F. Kennedy and the Pigs of War' discusses John F. Kennedy and the Bay of Pigs invasion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home